Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Uh...Oops...

Hello all, long time no write...right? I can't believe it's been almost two months since I posted. What can I say? Life's been busy. Between holiday schedules, family time, out-of-town training, my normal work routine, end of the year reports, etc.; life has been full. I'm sure you know the feeling.

I must admit I don't really regret or feel bad about not posting. The truth is that of all the things on my plate during the busy time, it made the most sense to let this simmer on the back burner for a while. However, I do have one regret. I noticed that in my last post I ended with the statement that I had more posts coming soon. And then I dug myself a pit of shame...I said, "I promise."

There was nothing shameful about it at the time. But, now almost two months later it is safe to say I never followed through on that promise. It may seem like a small thing; and yet, I take sticking to my word very seriously. I hope you do too. When I realized what I had done, a verse from scripture popped into my head. Matthew 5:37 says, "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." In other words, make sure there is integrity in what you say and follow through.

Especially as a Christian I think this is very important. The way we live, the content of our character, the integrity of our speech, how we treat others; all of these are ways we can earn the right to speak into people's lives. If we treat people disrespectfully, if we are hypocritical in the things we profess, if we fail to follow through on our promises; then people probably won't respect us enough to listen to what we have to say. Especially when they are broken and need help. So, I apologize for not following through on my promise. And, I hope you stay tuned in the weeks and months to come. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment